Don’t send those black bananas to the compost bin! You can whip this recipe up in one bowl. It tastes great, stays fresh for quite awhile and around our home it’s a family favourite.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 C melted butter
- 1 1/2 C unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place peeled bananas in a large bowl and, using a fork, mash the bananas into a pulp.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and beat it into the banana pulp. Add the vanilla, melted butter and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt into the banana mixture and continue to mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking oil and spoon the batter into the pan, spreading it around evenly.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf rest in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool.
One thought on “Quick Banana Bread Loaf”
Pingback: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins | planetjanetkitchen