When you are in a hurry this recipe for barbequed Korean style ribs will fit the bill. Whip up the marinade a day in advance, cover the ribs with the mixture and refrigerate overnight. All you have to do at meal-time is fire up the barbie to medium high and grill these babies for 3 or 4 minutes per side. Serve with a side salad and some steamed rice for a yummy and satisfying meal.
- ¾ C soy sauce
- ¼ C Mirin ( Japanese rice wine) or sweet Sherry
- ¼ C rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 2 T minced garlic
- 2 tsp, minced ginger
- ½ tsp cumin
- 3 – 3 ½ lbs Korean style short ribs, 1/3” thick (16 pieces)
- 2 scallions, cut diagonally for garnish
- Make the marinade by mixing together the soy sauce, Mirin, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Place the ribs in a re-sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the ribs. Seal and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours but preferably overnight. Flip the bag over periodically.
- Pre-heat the BBQ to medium high. Remove the ribs from re-sealable bag and discard the left-over marinade. Place ribs on the BBQ over direct heat and grill for 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Watch them closely and don’t overcook or they will be chewy instead of tender.
- Serve garnished with scallion slices.