Here’s an easy variation of my Quick Banana Bread Loaf recipe. Simply add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with paper cups. The yield from this recipe will be 10 large sized muffins. These moist muffins freeze well and make a great snack or lunch-box addition.
Don’t send those black bananas to the compost bin! You can whip this recipe up in one bowl. It tastes great, stays fresh for quite awhile and around our home it’s a family favourite.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 C melted butter
- 1 1/2 C unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place peeled bananas in a large bowl and, using a fork, mash the bananas into a pulp.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and beat it into the banana pulp. Add the vanilla, melted butter and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt into the banana mixture and continue to mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking oil and spoon the batter into the pan, spreading it around evenly.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf rest in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool.