When the leaves begin to change colors and the nights get chilly it’s time to get the soup pot on the stove. This sausage and bean soup makes a hearty meal when served with a crusty bread and a mixed cheese board.
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage (hot)
- 3 T oil
- 2 large cooking onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 cans mixed beans (16 oz), rinsed and drained
- 1 can plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 T white sugar
- 1 cup yellow beans cut into one inch pieces, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green beans cut into one inch pieces, fresh or frozen
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 T dried parsley
- 2 T dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh Parmesan cheese shaved for garnish
- Roll sausage into small meatballs about 3/4” In diameter – set aside for later use.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- Sauté the diced cooking onion and celery until softened.
- Add diced carrots, diced potatoes, chicken stock, plum tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and mixed beans – bring this mixture to the boil.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Add bay leaves, thyme, parsley and basil while continuing to simmer the soup over low heat for about half an hour.
- Place the Italian sausage meatballs, and the green and yellow beans into the soup and continue to simmer for 15 more minutes until the meatballs and the beans are cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve the soup garnished with parmesan cheese
One thought on “Italian Sausage & Mixed Bean Soup”
I think the admin of this site is truly working hard in support
of his site, as here every stuff is quality based data.
LikeLiked by 1 person